Friday, March 20, 2015

Spring Break

My much anticipated spring break, started out with a huge high but unfortunately sputtered into a week of illness.  What's the deal with 2015?  I have been sick, not the walking around sick that I am used to, but sick, in meds (five!) and mostly in bed that I've gone through three times since January.

My high was the surprise birthday party my kids threw for me on Saturday. I wasn't really suspicious although I did notice a few out of the ordinary occurrences (Alissa not being available the weekend I thought I could get up her way, Barbara veering from her very established early Saturday morning shopping and coffee with me routine, Barbara texting when approaching her house--she knows that makes me hysterical).  I am pretty stunned by the spy skills of my friends who had taken me out for wine on my actual birthday on Wednesday and never let on at all).  My three brothers who were very oddly quiet on my birthday did not trust their spy skills so our phone calls were extremely abbreviated (odd) or absent (unprecedented).  My darling niece Emily came with them.  And Michael who was playing a gig in Omaha (6 hours away) the night before really shocked me with his appearance. Jeff's family, who I have not really seen in over a year, were there which was a very nice surprise.  I wish I had time to connect with everyone, but I was pretty stunned and then the time really just flew by. One of the best birthday surprises I can ever remember.  I don't have pictures yet- apparently my kids think I did some sort of Mick Jagger impression as I walked in--hopefully all video evidence will stay put.

I didn't really have exciting spring break plans, but wanted to touch up the woodwork I had painted last summer and do some purging and organizing.  Also had hopes of repainting and mini overhaul of upstairs bathroom. I had worked really hard to have all my end of quarter grades, assessments, and reports done when I left on Friday so that I could walk away without anything to complete during the break. I have a testing project coming up in April to which I have to commit to 20 hours a week (on top of school and my tutor kids) so looks like thee projects are going to be on the back burner for a while.

But it's Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment