Tuesday, November 11, 2014

I AM that type of blogger....

Once a month.  Can't believe that I can't manage more than once a month.  But, to be fair I did know from the get go that as soon as we get the first quarter of the school year under our belts it's crazy-busy until Christmas.

So to recap.  I got through parent-teacher conferences. It kicks up  such a conflict of emotions for me- the difference between the parents who are so devoted to their children (almost always to their benefit--sometimes not) and the parents who we can never get to spare the time to talk about their child. It's heartbreaking- kids who are really raising themselves. It's hard to realize you can only do so much without any support in the rest of their lives.  That is the part of being a teacher that I have never been able to really accept.

Followed up conference week with a trip to Chicago to see Alissa with Gino, Amy, and their girls. Traveling with three year old twins....well, actually they were pretty darn good for 99% of the trip.  Predictably, coming home was when the weekend caught up with them but it was fun to experience the city through their eyes.  Grant Park Zoo had a Halloween celebration going on and we had a great time.  And seeing Alissa--always the best time and I always wonder why we don't go to see her more often. And, I got to meet her boyfriend, who we all thought was very nice.




Lily enjoyed Alissa's bathtub with the Jacuzzi feature


I am enjoying this fall so much.  The first frost basically frees me from captivity.  I've been harvesting herbs to freeze and dry and  trying (in vain) to reclaim our gardens. I used to spend so much time working outside so it's great when I can get back out there.  I was just out in 30 degree sleet getting five dozen milkweed seeds in the ground. Those Monarch butterflies better show up.


Finished the pillows for all my grandma-friends.



And for the non-grandma friend who is our world traveler, I'm starting to chronicle her travels. She's been all over the world, but I'm starting with her latest trip.


  Oh- big family news.  Barbara and Nick adopted an adorable Boston Terrier, Gibson. They've been so anxious to get a dog and this little guy just fell into their hands. Meant to me.

Yes, I made him a pillow.

2 comments:

  1. I love your New York pillow! I've been working on sky line, and famous monument, pillows to stock my sad, and dusty Etsy shop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I can't imagine stocking an etsy shop, I have so many ideas and designs but not enough time to follow through!

    ReplyDelete